Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Engagement Party Cupcakes

Saturday was the Engagement Party and the cupcakes were just as lovely as the party. I'm so happy for our friends J&M and that I was able to do the cupcakes for their celebration means a lot to me.

For the final Red Velvet cupcakes I used the Wilton no-taste red coloring.  While the 2nd batch of beet red velvets were good. They just weren't right.... So, I decided to move on and focus on making the frosting and fondant flowers amazing.  

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I have never used fondant before...it reminds me of the edible play-dough my mom made one time when I was a kid.  It was a little hard to roll out at first, but I did have fun adding the Violet coloring in and kneading the color through it. The violet color was for the medium sized daisy cutouts... 

it's like sugar cookie cutouts

I then kept some of the fondant white and made the small daisy cutouts. The lesson with the fondant is to do that the night before. It takes a long time for the fondant to dry out.

there is a reason why there are so many
decorating dishes etc. at the supply store! 

Writing this I realize that we didn't take any photos of the small white daisies with the white sparkle powder - I guess we were busy creating:)

I love how the cupcakes turned out - I had a few ideas for the fondant flowers and the end design turned out beautifully.  The best part is that J&M loved them and so did the rest of the guests. It is the best feeling when I see everyone enjoying my home-made sunshine:)


J&M Red Velvet Delights with
Cream Cheese Mascarpone Frosting 
and fondant flowers



No comments:

Post a Comment